For each custom cutting jobs each item is photographed and bar-coded when received by our office. We inspect each item and evaluate it for repair/recutting and contact the customer for approval prior to doing any work. For jobs if existing stones or inlay is present and needs to be replaced, it may need to be removed to ensure an accurate fit of the new material, and any stone that needs to be recut or repolished must be loose. Stones that are broken or fractured can usually be recut and are assessed to determine the best shape to retain the maximum weight of the stone. We always check our inventory first to see if a stock item may work instead of a custom cut stone. After the work is complete we will inspect it and call to notify the customer that the item is being returned.
Information to Keep in Mind
- Estimated time frame: 3-4 weeks after approval is received.
- Faceted stones should be removed from their mountings.
- Estimated insurance value required.
- Ship to our PO Box if using USPS or our physical address for UPS/Fedex. We return shipments using Fedex.
- All jobs are processed in the order they are received.
- We can work with both natural and lab created stone types.